ALOFT AeroArchitects Recaps its Year in Engineering, Certification and ODA Services
Las Vegas, Nevada – ALOFT AeroArchitects (formerly PATS Aircraft Systems) experienced a banner year in the growth of its Engineering, Certification and ODA Services business.
In 2012, ALOFT AeroArchitects set out to offer its long-‐standing FAA Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) capability as a service to third parties who needed to apply for and receive Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approvals on a predictable timeline. ALOFT has succeeded and established a line of business providing complete Engineering, Certification and ODA Services to what has become quite a broad and diverse market. In 2015, just three years after first offering the services, the total revenue performance of the unit will approach 10% of the total company revenue. The business is also building a strong backlog in the product development stage, with a reputation for delivering a unique and distinct value to our partners across all facets of the industry. ALOFT is pushing the innovation envelope by utilizing ALOFT’s skilled team to “engineer for compliance”, enabling design and certification efforts that are fully integrated with FAA approvals. ALOFT’s fully integrated, turnkey offering is referred to as the ODA+ Service.
In the fourth quarter of 2015 alone, the ALOFT ODA has 40 STC projects in work, with many for third-‐party customers. In the last 12 months, ALOFT has supported of 65 total projects, including the issuance or amendment of 25 Supplemental Type Certificates.
In terms of capability, in the last year we’ve:
- Expanded our ODA capabilities listing to include nearly all modern commercial (narrow and wide body) and most business aircraft;
- Added both Part 27 and Part 29 capability to enable STC project work on rotorcraft;
- Received FAA approval to accept ICAs internally and to approve ‘minor’ STC changes within our ODA, all on behalf of the FAA, thus decreasing the external FAA office oversight and reducing our STC span time by an additional 30 business days;
- Completed a wide range of project including full VVIP interior completions, auxiliary fuel system STCs and amendments, large antennas and new installations of cutting edge equipment; and 21652 Nanticoke Avenue, Georgetown, Delaware 19947 Tel: 302.855.5888 aloftaeroarchitects.com
- Providing support to almost all types of industry partners including equipment manufacturers, aircraft OEMs, operators, MROs and others by aiding them to pursue integration design and STC approvals of new products for airline, bizav, and military use.
Our interactive, teaming approach and ability to offer an a la carte menu of ODA+ Services is resounding with our clientele, and the significant commercial aircraft quantities entering operation are providing many opportunities for ALOFT to help design, certify and approve the future of aviation.
We invite visitors to our booth (C7037) at NBAA, to stop by and chat about some of our recent STC approvals for products like SATCOM antennas, self-‐protection systems and more.
ALOFT’s campus is located at the Delaware Coastal Airport in Georgetown, Delaware and includes its FAA Part 145 Repair Station, STC & PMA ODA, Engineering and Certification Services and aircraft systems manufacturing. ALOFT also is a Boeing authorized BBJ Service Center focused on accommodating aircraft for interior completions, maintenance, modifications and auxiliary fuel tank installations. ALOFT’s manufacturing team, and its ODA and Engineering Services are also available to support design and certification requirements for project work on behalf of our global customers.